Brian Kelly announced the staff changes at a press conference on Friday. The coaching staff is as follows:
- Bob Diaco – Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
- Kerry Cooks – Co-Defensive Coordinator/Cornerbacks
- Chuck Martin – Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
- Tony Alford – Running Backs and Slot Wide Receivers/Recruiting Coordinator
- Scott Booker – Tight Ends/Special Teams Coordinator
- Mike Denbrock – Outside Wide Receivers/Passing Game Coordinator
- Bob Elliott – Safeties
- Mike Elston – Defensive Line
- Harry Hiestand – Offensive Line/Running Game Coordinator
Also, Keith Arnold of Inside The Irish is reporting that Buffalo assistant coach, Ernest Jones, will be joining the Notre Dame staff somewhere in the football office.
Here is the video from today’s presser:
That’s actually quite a shakeup. Besides the new names, Kelly has moved some of the duties around. He [Kelly] is looking for more consistency with his staff, and you have to wonder if some of the visible frustration from last year had to do with the way the coaches were communicating. Hopefully, Kelly has mixed the ingredients to perfection as the 2012 season will desperately be in need of direction for some young players by the staff.