This seems a lot like the banishment of Adam and Eve from Eden. No more Irish football. You think I’m being a little too dramatic? Perhaps, but even after a disaster season such as the 2007 season was, I will still miss the Irish playing as much as I miss anything that I love.
But I digress before I even progressed. The question standing is; What now? Now we watch other teams all month long in meaningless bowl games that determine nothing. All the while, stuffing our fat faces with delicious holiday treats and waiting ever so patiently for National Signing Day and then Spring practice. sigh.
As far as this blog goes, to you my loyal readers (and haters), I will continue to bring my take to the table on all things that pertain to Fighting Irish football and NCAA D-1 football for that matter. Sorry hoops fans, my wife would feed me my nuts if I covered the hard wood as much as I cover what happens on the gridiron. If you need coverage of Men’s hoops, check out Notes From The Geetar and Black and Green. If you are into Hockey, then go check out Colonialhead’s Irish Blog if you haven’t already.
This is what you can expect from your Emperor: Subway Domer…
- Tribute pieces for all of the Fifth Year Seniors, as well as a tribute for any seniors this year that will not be coming back to Notre Dame for their fifth year.
- The SDA’s. Subway Domer Awards. (This is not a STD contrary to some previous statements).
- Bowl coverage. This is how I started Subway Domer. (And poorly I might add)
- The Subway Domer Bowl Battle. A contest for you all to play, and you can win a free prize. wow.
- Extensive recruiting coverage. I’m not sure any blog or free site will bring you more coverage of the next incoming class. Bold statement? Maybe, but I follow this stuff with a passion and have a lot of plans for future posts to prove myself right.
- Complete coverage of the Spring practice sessions and the Blue-Gold itself.
Alright, that about does it. If any of you would like to see anything else on Subway Domer, let me know either via e-mail or the shoutbox.